Government E- Marketplace is an online platform to facilitate and enable online procurement of goods and services required by several government departments (central & state), associations, and public sector undertakings in India
Hon’ble Prime Minister of INDIA decided to set up a dedicated e-market for different goods & services procured by Government Organisations / Departments / PSUs on one platform.
Government e Marketplace (GeM), created in a record time of five months, facilitates online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organisations / PSUs.
GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement. It provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users, achieve the best value for their money.
It offers various tools like change in product MRP, reverse e-auction, e-bidding, and demand aggregation to facilitate the government & sellers to provide product & service at the best of their ability.
The purchases through GeM by Government users have been authorised and made mandatory by Ministry of Finance by adding a new Rule No. 149 in the General Financial Rules, 2017
Why Sell on GeM?
- Access to National Public Procurement market.
All Central & State Government PSUs as potential Buyers.
- No charges or fee for Registration on GeM portal
- Fully online, paperless and contactless platform, ease of doing business.
- One time registration for all government procurements
- Special provisions and sections for start-ups, MSMEs and Emporium products
- A list of prerequisites for the seller registration has been made available so that it becomes a guide to the seller during registration https://gem.gov.in/support/sellers/?lang=english
- Simplified Brand application and brand approval process.
- Add as many products you wish to supply as resellers or as OEM’s post approval of competent authority
- Multiple invoice for single order for felicitating big orders
- Easy process & access to participate in bids/reverse auction
- Clock enabled Reverse Auction process to display remaining time for seller participation
- Online grievance redressal mechanism for quick resolution for vendor’s grievances.
- Reason for rejection of any request will be shown so the seller can comply accordingly
- Seller friendly dashboard for monitoring supplies & payments.